Partner in charge of Commercial Law and Investments
Virginia Buendía is a lawyer specialising in commercial law with wide experience in providing Spanish and foreign companies with ongoing advice on all aspects of company law.
Before she joined Laways in 2015 she worked in a number of prestigious Spanish firms specialising in commercial law, specifically:
- Ongoing commercial advice to Spanish and foreign companies
- Corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Advice to investors and startups in investment operations and shareholder agreements.
- Carrying out of legal due diligence.
- Resolution of corporate disputes and corporate governance.
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts and agreements both for Spain and abroad.
- Prevention and handling of corporate insolvency and judicial and extra-judicial debt refinancing operations.
- Insolvency procedures.
- Representation of companies before the courts in all types of proceedings.
Noted for her specialisation in advising non-residents on investments in Spain in all types of real estate and commercial operations, including the setting up of subsidiaries, branches and corporate planning.
Law degree from University of Barcelona, and supplemented her training with various postgraduate courses in commercial and insolvency law at the Bar Association of Barcelona (ICAB.
Member of Bar Association of Barcelona since 2006.
LANGUAGES – Spanish – Catalan – English and French
REAL ESTATE, COMMERCIAL LAW AND LITIGATION
Specialist in real estate law, focusing on advice to foreign investors. Also expert on family offices and the planning and introduction of corporate structures.
Expert in the legal defence of innovation in the form of intangibles: trademarks, patents, designs, copyright, know-how, trade secrets, image rights, advertising and unfair competition.
Lawyer specialising in tax law with experience of international tax consultancy and tax procedures. Advises clients in various sectors including industry, technology, leisure and telecommunications..